We Have a Reputation for Cleaning Old Stainless Steel
Cleaning old stainless-steel components restores the original condition of the material and increases its longevity. Even though it’s highly resistant, there is a possibility of surface damage through oxidation, corrosion and rusting. You have to properly maintain stainless steel for it to remain intact. Old 2 New Stainless is a company that assists in cleaning and polishing stainless steel components.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Dull Stainless Steel
Stainless steel contains a little chromium that creates a shield called the passive layer, which delays the onset of corrosion. Naturally, the higher the content of chromium, the more resistant the stainless is to damage. When that protective layer wears out, the stainless steel becomes exposed to external factors, thus causing it to corrode. People attempt restoring the material and then make these mistakes:
- The immediate reaction to clean stainless steel is to use a particular bleach. However, stainless steel and chlorine aren’t a great combination, and it compromises the durability of the material. If you spill bleach by accident, rinse it out with water immediately.
- When you come across a dull stainless-steel item, the reflex action is to grab a piece of steel wool or a hard steel brush to scrub out the top layer of grime that you assume is prohibiting the shine. If you decide to use these elements to clean the surface, it leaves little particles which then turn to rust. You’re better off using a microfiber cloth or sponge.
- On the other hand, not addressing a stain or residue will eventually damage the stainless steel. Hence, you must take action immediately by using water and a mild cleaner to remove any stains. If you don’t have success, then it’s time to call in the professionals.
What to Expect from Old 2 New Stainless Regarding Cleaning and Polishing Stainless Steel
We have been in the industry for over 15 years and still continue to deliver exceptional results. Whether you have stainless steel components in your commercial or residential property, our team is available to come out and restore your material to its former glory.
- Aside from cleaning and polishing stainless steel items, we are trained and qualified to conduct commercial kitchen cleaning. If your restaurant, hotel, school or retirement homes require a thorough cleanse, we’re capable of handling any challenge. In fact, we possess high-quality, commercial-grade products that will have your space as good as new.
- We work at an average of two to three hours per item and follow a series of polishing procedures by also removing any build-up of water and other chemical contaminants. When we clean urinals, we apply the chemical treatment and then do the polishing.
- There is a vast list of items that we can polish. All we require is access to water, waste and power to complete the polishing process. We recommend you use Jif and water to maintain the condition of the stainless steel after we’ve polished it.
- We also recommend a polishing compound product called Polaris which you can use every 2 – 4 weeks. Customers can easily purchase Polaris from us directly or order through our website.
What You Gain By Choosing Old 2 New Stainless
We are a professional service that has been in operation for several years and have developed a reputation for being a leader in the industry. Our service is unique, and we are a cost-effective solution to restoring your stainless-steel products to near new condition.
Contact us for details or to have our team look into your items.